What R-Values should I insulate to?

The City of Westbrook follows the State adopted 2015 International Energy and Conservation Code; you can find the insulation code requirements in the building permit application for reference purposes; but please defer to the Code Enforcement Officer for specific requirements to your project.

Show All Answers

1. How long is a permit valid?
2. How many person(s) are allowed per habitable room?
3. Can my roof support the installation of a solar panel?
4. What are the stair riser and tread requirements?
5. When is a guardrail required?
6. When are graspable handrails required?
7. How much frost protection should I have?
8. What R-Values should I insulate to?
9. What are ground snow load and wind speed requirements?
10. What size does a bedroom egress window have to be?