A career at the City of Westbrook could be the perfect choice for you - Fulfilling, Rewarding, Secure, and Close to Home.
If you're looking for a new opportunity, making a career change, moving back to Maine, or just starting out after school consider a municipal job at the City of Westbrook.
Click Here to view our job openings and apply today.
Our Featured Jobs:
Police Officer: Westbrook Police Department is a premier New England law enforcement agency. The PD consists of 45 sworn officers and six civilian employees. We are dedicated to working in partnership with citizens, business owners, and civic leaders for the purpose of deterring crime, protecting the city, and improving the quality of life in neighborhoods. The PD handles nearly 35,000 calls for service annually. Learn more by scheduling a ride-along, contact Officer Clark at email@example.com or view our brochure.
Equipment Operator: The Public Service Department is essential to constructing, maintaining, and improving roads and other infrastructure in the City of Westbrook. Equipment Operators have varied work and out in the fresh air. Learn more by reading our brochure.
Here are what some City employees have to say...
"While serving as Mayor, we continue to make retention and recruitment of professional leaders a priority for the City while ensuring we pay a competitive wage, offer a rich benefits plan, and ensure positive employee morale. Creating a workplace that employees feel supported and appreciated is critical to work/life balance. The City has been able to grow and develop our employees and offer promotional opportunities to remain with the city for years to come.” – Mayor Michael T. Foley
" I love working for my hometown, it keeps me connected to the City and our community. Our leadership team encourages employee growth and a willingness to learn." - Ellis Ledoux, Executive Assistant
“I joined Westbrook Police for the various specialty positions and advancement opportunities. All in a place you can make a positive impact on the community while enjoying work/life balance.” - Colby Clark, K-9 Patrol Officer
Discover why Maine is one of the best places to Live and Work
Each year, individuals and families, young and old, relocate to Maine for the benefits of the state's safe towns and cities, good schools, welcoming communities, and recreational opportunities from the ocean to the mountains. Westbrook's unique location, in southern Maine, offers the chance to work in an urban environment with the option of rural living. Don't just take our word for it! View our brochure on some reasons to call Maine Home!
Our Open Jobs
|Equipment Operator I||Full-Time||$20.54 - $21.80/hour, sign-on bonus eligible|
|Light Equipment Operator||Full-Time||$19.26 - $20.44/hour|
|Police Officer||Full-Time||$24.41 - $33.79/hour, sign-on bonus eligible|
|Dispatcher||Full-Time||$20.79 - $32.10/hour|
|Per Diem Firefighter||Variable||$19.14 - $30.02/hour|
|Call Firefighter||Variable||$12.40 - $17.52/hour|
|Lifeguard||Variable||$13.15 - $16.15/hour|
|LEARNS Counselor||Variable - Seasonal||$13.15 - $16.15/hour|
Our Recruitment Process
- Find the right position that fits your interests
- Apply Online: Whether you have found us through our jobs page, Indeed, the Maine Municipal Association (MMA), Facebook, or other platforms, you can apply online. Be sure to include all necessary information, including the position applied for, salary requirement, experience, education, qualifications, and certifications. Online application
- Phone Screen: Once you've applied, if an HR Representative identifies your application as a match, they will reach out to you via email or phone to discuss your skills and experience related to the position.
- Interview: If the phone screen was successful, you will be invited for an in-person interview with the members of the hiring team. This conversation will dive deeper into your expertise and experience. This is also a great time to ask questions related to the team. You might have one or more additional interviews.
- Decision: After all interviews are finalized, the hiring team and HR will discuss and proceed with an offer to the final candidate. Whether the interview was successful or not, you will hear from an HR Representative. The final candidate will be required to go through a background, reference, and potentially a medical clearance, physical agility test, and polygraph depending on the position.
Our EEO Policy
The City of Westbrook is an equal opportunity workplace and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. We recruit, employ, train, compensation, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identify, and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The City of Westbrook values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.