Westbrook Community Center Receptionist
|Type||Salary/Pay Rate||Posted Date||Deadline to Apply|
|Part Time Regular||$13.51 - $15.38 Per Hour||August 18, 2017 at 8:10 p.m.||September 1, 2017 by Midnight|
Basic Purpose & Function
As a member of the Community Services Department, helps the team attain and exceed customer service quality by minimizing customer wait times and accurately and efficiently receiving and directing customer flow and incoming telephone calls. Receives all incoming calls and visitors, directs inquiries to the appropriate staff member, or provides the necessary information, if possible. Work also involves clerical and administrative responsibilities. Work is performed under the direction of the Community Services Director and is subject to review through observation and results achieved.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities (Illustrative Only)
- Stationed at facility’s centralized Reception and Information Center
- Greets all customers, and provides necessary information and direction
- Notifies appropriate staff members of customer/visitor arrivals, as needed
- Responds to telephone inquiries relating to a variety of department information and transfers all other incoming calls, as appropriate
- Uses registration system for registering patrons for programs and activities and for processing payments
- Checks in visitors to fitness and aquatics programs
- Unlocks/locks rooms reserved for programs, activities, and events
- Assists the Westbrook Community Center Finance Office Coordinator, as needed, with any tasks that will help facilitate the day-to-day operations of the main office
- Performs other duties and tasks, as assigned
Education, Training & Experience
- High School diploma or GED. Willingness to attend necessary training, as required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong clerical and math skills
- Solid cash-handling ability
- PC and 10-key ability
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are primarily performed indoors in an office environment and may include some exposure to heat, cold, dust, airborne particles, and noise. Requires the ability to work extended hours. Duties require extended periods of standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, keyboarding, and using hands to finger, handle, and feel. Duties require occasional periods of climbing or balancing, pulling/pushing items, lifting/carrying items, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Weights up to 25 pounds may be encountered. Sufficient speech and hearing is necessary to be able to communicate effectively by phone or in person. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Hazards are considered minor and controllable, but may include exposure to human error and angry/hostile humans. Must be able to transport self to work-related meetings, workshops, trainings, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; observe and interpret situations; read and interpret complex data, information and documents; analyze and solve complex problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; perform highly detailed work under changing, intensive deadlines, on multiple concurrent tasks, and work with constant interruptions; and interact frequently with staff, officials, the public, and outside agencies and groups.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit an application to Casey Provost, Human Resources Assistant and Recruiter, in Human Resources by September 1, 2017.
Email Casey Provost
City of Westbrook
2 York Street
Westbrook, ME 04092