|Type||Salary/Pay Rate||Posted Date|
|Part Time Temporary||Starting $9 Per Hour||September 10, 2015|
The City of Westbrook is seeking experienced Lifeguards for the Westbrook Community Center Davan Indoor Pool and the Cornelia Warren Outdoor Pool (seasonal). Up to 25 hours per week. Pay starts at $9/hour. Early morning, evening and some weekend hours available.
We are looking for properly certified and highly responsible staff to protect life, prevent accidents, and assist persons in distress. Successful candidates must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and in a team environment. Candidates must demonstrate effective communication skills and possess the ability to interact positively and energetically with a diverse population of patrons and staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, such essential functions as listed below:
- Proactively enforces all pool policies, rules, and safety regulations to protect life and prevent accidents.
- Educates patrons in water safety, including warning adults not to leave young children unattended.
- Recognizes and responds effectively to emergencies, including rescuing swimmers and assisting others in distress.
- Provides first aid and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation as necessary.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism while interacting with patrons of all ages and exhibits a professional appearance at all times while on duty.
- Maintains all required pool records and reports.
- Monitors water quality and maintains pool and pool area to ensure a safe, healthy, and clean environment.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Efficiently performs all other duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor on duty and/or Director of Community Services with a positive attitude.
- Valid American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification required
- Valid Community First Aid and Safety Certification required
- Valid CPR for the Professional Rescuer Certification required
- Water Safety Instructor Certification preferred
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- A minimum of one year of lifeguarding experience required
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to represent the City of Westbrook in a professional manner in all situations
How to Apply
Please do not return application materials to the Community Center. To apply for this opportunity, please complete a City of Westbrook General Application for Employment (PDF) and return to Human Resources by:
- Email Human Resources
- Fax: 866-405-0776
2 York Street
Westbrook, ME 04092
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)