Elections & Voting
The City of Westbrook has an estimated 17,500 residents and approximately 13,000 registered voters. Our municipality is divided into five Wards, two State Senate Districts (25 & 28) and two State House of Representative Districts (34 & 35). Each municipal Ward has a designated City Councilor, School Committee Member, Warden and Ward Clerk. In addition, the City Council and School Committee each have two "At-Large" positions tasked with representing the municipality as a whole.
Westbrook holds two elections every year, on the second Tuesday of June, and on the first Tuesday following the first Monday of November. The next election will be held on Tuesday November 6, 2018. Polls will open at 7:00AM and close at 8:000PM
Polling locations are as follows:
- Wards 1 & 4 - Westbrook Community Center Gym (426 Bridge Street)
- Wards 2 & 3 - Westbrook Armory (120 Stroudwater Street)
- Ward 5 - Prides Corner Congregational Church (235 Pride Street)
Not sure what Ward you live in? Click here to access the Maine Voter Information Lookup Service and to find information about your elected representatives.
Register to Vote
To register to vote in the City of Westbrook, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a citizen of the United States
- You must be a resident of the City of Westbrook
- You must be 18 years of age. A 17 year-old may register to vote and is eligible to vote in a primary election or municipal caucus if the person will turn 18 years of age by the date of the next General Election.
You can register to vote in person at City Hall, by mail or at the polls on Election Day. As part of the registration process, you will be required to show proof of identity (your Maine Driver's License number, State ID or the last four digits of your Social Security Number) and proof of residency showing your Westbrook address.
For additional information about registering to vote, or to request a voter registration card to complete by mail, please contact the City Clerk's Office.
Seeking Election Workers
The City of Westbrook is always on the lookout for individuals to serve as Election Workers. For more information about working at an election, please contact the Election Hotline at 207-591-8116.