Steps for Scheduling a Burial
You have two options to arrange a burial depending on whether or not you choose to work with a funeral home. In either case one weeks notice for the burial or interment is appreciated.
Option A - Working with a Funeral Home
The funeral home will make all burial arrangements with the City. It is unnecessary for you to contact the City unless you have specific questions.
Option B - Not Using a Funeral Home
- Select a date and time for the burial or interment with family and friends
- Schedule a minister or priest if desired
- Schedule a date and time with the City, you may call the City at 207-854-0660, ext. 3007
- Contact monument company for stone
Rules for Cremations
- Cremains (ashes) must be contained in a marble or concrete urn. If not, a vault is required.
- The City allows 2 cremations in a single grave.